I miss you old friend.

Those of you that know me, know that I'm a bit of a freak about winter, snow, and Christmas. Case in point - it's not thanksgiving yet, but I'm listening to Christmas music. Emily lets me start playing it on her birthday (November 11th), but I usually start listening secretly by the first of November. Crazy, right? It's really the season I love - I want me some snow! This morning I checked the 10 day weather forecast, and to my dismay,  I found that it'll be in the 50's from now until the end of the month. I want to cry a little. Where's the snow! Snowtober made for so much promise - and now? It's a huge let down to say the least. I wish my old friend Frosty would snap his fingers and make some of that winter magic happen.

The silver lining to all this is, of course training related. 50's into December means the roads are clean, and the temperature isn't challenging my motivation to get out on the bike and ride my way right into the start of winter. Hello to my good friend Mr. Frosty, also means hello to my nemesis Mr. Trainer. Still, it's a tough choice (as if it's a choice at all): the weather I want, or the training conditions I need. Well I guess I don't have to be happy about how warm it still is, but I should certainly be grateful, get off my mopey @$$ and take advantage of my own meteoric misfortune!