Delicious AND nutritious

So goes the saying that persuades people to try new foods. It also represents the order of priorities on which I base my eating decisions. Unfortunately, my "job" (still love that I can call it that) demands that I re-prioritize that phrase "nutritious and delicious" instead.

Consequently, my menu now includes things like bulgar wheat salad, lentil soup, and other heavily vegetable laden dishes. Make no mistake, this is a good thing, and I enjoy how much better I feel as a result of eating healthy meals. What's unfortunate is what my newly prioritized diet now excludes... pizza, cheeseburgers, nachos, etc. All DELICIOUS, but not so much with the nutritious.

The saddest part is that it's not just a rule - whenever I break the rule, I feel like crap and whatever workouts follow my deliciously un-nutritious meals are bound to be a bust. Lucky for me, my FAVORITE place to eat still meets the "nutritious and delicious" rule. CHIPOTLE's food with integrity is made from almost all naturally grown meat and vegetables. Lucky for me, foil wrapped bundles of deliciousness are free from the pizza/cheeseburger category, so I can continue to enjoy my burritos guilt free, and trust I've got the fuel I need to nail the workouts to follow.

Boy, this sure does sound like a shameless plug... This would be an opportune moment to brag about the fact that I picked up my favorite restaurant as a sponsor (!!!) for more free burritos than you can shake a stick at! We'll call that full disclosure, but I can assure you that I would gush about Chipotle and their nutritious and delicious food even if I was still paying for it!