Cheeseburgers: They come at a price...

My last post was over a week ago, but it deserves a little follow-up...

My well deserved "recovery day" last week was spend in NYC. It was awesome - in a 24 hour period, I saw the sites, ate the local fair, and got to watch my friend and coach Aaron Weddle run his first marathon! It was a fun weekend, only... when I got back to Boston, I didn't feel any better than I did at the end of a very challenging set of workouts. Why?

Oh right, by "saw the sites" I meant I walked 10 miles, and by ate the local fair, I meant pizza, cheese burgers, french fries, BBQ, chex mix, and a very fatty albeit delicious beefy/eggy brunch. So it's no wonder I felt like junk. Sure enough after a recovery do-over on Monday with some healthy food and nap time, I was ready to go on Tuesday.

All this to say stopping your workouts is not enough to recover. If you want to feel better, you have to eat better. We're all adults here, cheeseburgers are never off limits, but this weekend was confirmation: they come at a price... be ware people!