The woes of travelling with your bike...

Last year, I took my bike with me to the Chicago tri - $80 each way. I just got done checking it for the trip to nationals - $200!!!!! What happened airlines? Did you suddenly decide you HATED triathletes and cyclists? Delta is SOOO not my friend right now. On the flip side, I'm posting my complaints about bringing my bike to the airport via free wifi at Logan airport. That's new. The airport has gotten wise... Microsoft Office 2010 paid the bill (ad fees) to have their 20 second add run as each user's payment for wifi in the airport. Genius - and I'm enjoying it. But I'm still mad about the bike. Now I'm online looking for pricing on shipping my bike box back via USPS or Fedex... please hold...

67.89 on USPS + 41.70 for $4000 of insurance coverage = $109.59 (still $80 cheaper)

OR...

FedEx $139.02 including the same insurance coverage.

Choose your poison - but either way, it's at least $60 cheaper than taking it on the plane!!!