Everyday is slapsgiving for a scrappy triathlete...

What's that? What's slapsgiving you say? Well here's a clip to catch you up on one of my formerly favorite shows (until I decided I can no longer watch TV).
Now imagine you are Barney Stinson (the slap-recipient awaiting your slap). That's kinda what I think it feels like every day about an hour before a workout. Well, maybe not every day, but certainly many days. Mainly the days that intervals are involved in workouts.

So why do this stuff? Well, unlike with Barney, there is a payoff. Eventually, hopefully, we'll go really really fast as a result. As I sit here procrastinating for my interval run this afternoon - it's this fact that I need to remind myself of. In this sport, success comes at the price of self-inflicted suffering. It's a reality that any successful triathlete has to face at some point. And I'm off to face that reality right now...